Wake County is committed to fulfilling public records requests as promptly as possible. However, because of a large volume of requests received by the county and our legal obligation to protect confidential information, it often takes time to identify the responsive records.
To avoid unnecessary delay in processing your request, please be as specific as possible about the records you are requesting. If a request is vague or overly broad, (e.g. “all documents” on a topic, “all emails” for multiple people or not including a specific timeframe), it will take longer to identify and collect potentially responsive records.
- A valid email address is required in order to access your request.
- Don't include personal information, like your social security number in your request
- If you don't know the name of the record, describe the information you believe is contained in it.
- Be specific about what you need. Including names, dates, keywords or other details that can help expedite the processing of your request.
- Understand that requests are processed in the order they are received.
- Let us know if you have questions.